Saturday, 14 February 2015

How to survive Valentines Day as a single person?

Happy Valentine's Day!
Hello Lovelies,

There is so much emphasis on love and marriage leading up to Valentine's Day and on the day itself. There are adverts everywhere and shops are full of gifts, treats and cards for this occasion.
But maybe as you are a single person you really don't buy into this sentiment. So how can you survive and keep your sanity in check? There are so many ways to make sure you enjoy yourself whether on your own or with your friends!
I've come up with five ideas that treat V-Day not as a day to glorify romance, but as a day to celebrate love in general - love for yourself, your friends, your community and for the world!

Anyhows here our my ideas on how to survive this Valentine's Day:

Maybe you could get a few of the worst romantic comedy films you can find and invite some of your girlfriends over to watch them with you and make fun of all those dreadful films! 

Have a fun evening with people you love and be yourself.  Maybe a pamper evening? & obviously have fun with people you love to be with.

If you have children, maybe make the day special for them, as well as you. Buy them some little gifts - perhaps chocolate, stuffed toys♡. 

Perhaps a trip to the cinema or put on Netflix and watch TV-Shows or movies! 

If you would like...you could wait until February 15th and buy yourself a heart-shaped box of chocolates at half the price! Went into Tesco (supermarket) it had some great gifts and chocolates and candles etc! Like literally half price so, I'd pop in there and have a little snoop around!
-Whatever it is you choose to do today - make sure it is fun and makes you happy  :).

Hope you enjoy this post!
So what do you lots have planned today!? :)

17 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is basically a better version of my post! <3 Thank you so much for your comment!
    I love how you actually found the prices of those films! :) I've actually honestly never seen The Notebook !

    Great post! x Happy Valentine's Day, Yasmine //Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Noo, your courage to do a video is amazing, could never imagine myself doing that! That's no problem, really enjoyed it! Aha! Where have you been!? Aha you need to asap :)

      Thanks & you too :)x

      Delete
    2. Thanks that means so much to me! <3 You should: I'd love to see you make a video! <3
      I really want to watch it haha! I love classic films :)
      Ah this post is so amazing I just cannot get over it! Your blog has changed so much since I last visited! <3

      Delete
  2. Wooow! I love your blog. I hope you will like mine

    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

    http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Love the last suggestion, will definitely be buying that reduced chocolate tomorrow! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice surviving tips haha xx My V-Day is not romantic at all, I came home from College and fell asleep (not as fantastic as i want it to be...)
    xx, marinasirmais

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwh these are some lovely ideas and some that can be used for as weekend ideas. <3

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i nominated you for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award! check it out - http://diaryofalifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great! thanks!
    being single on valentine's day went pretty well this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog award! Details on my blog

    http://keepcalmandreadmorebooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,

    I really like your Blog. Very interesting Posts. Would you like to support each other and follow on GFC/Bloglovin? If yes please follow me and then I follow back. Hope we stay in touch!

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram: sophiaton_
    Blog: www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh these are some really cute ideas, especially as I did spend valentines on my own haha x

    Ooh La Luce | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your post, I really like your style.

    You want us to follow the one to the other?

    Sibaritismosdeinma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool Design :) and post!
    Lovely, Sylvie :)
    If you want to follow each other leave a comment on my blog :)
    love-love-love-lov.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It always means a lot when you comment, makes my day! Remember to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)