Monday, 5 May 2014

Exam Week & 5 Top Exam Tips!

Helloo! How is everyone doing? I'm fine but feeling pretty stressed and pressured as I have exams commencing this coming week; Maths, English, Science. I have been revising and revising.  I hope you can excuse me, but i will post another blog post in two weeks time and I think I better tell you; rather it look as if I have neglected this blog. Which is clearly not the case. Hope you understand :)

In this post, I will be telling you my top 5 tips when it comes to exams! As these have helped me in the past, and I thought I'd share as these are really useful!


1. Revise, Revise, Revise
There is no point revising, days before an exam. At least a week or two weeks in advance as it will stress you out. Revise at least for an hour or 45minutes. Or whatever suits you. You can revise wherever you are so bring your notebook.

2. Notes
Remember, you dont have to write chunks of writing! Thats a no, no; just simply summarize it. As it more likely you will remember those, then a chunk of writing. Also, highlighters; highlight the most important things like key words and short sentences. That can help you remember what you have to remember. It will also stand out, so when your doing a quick revision before the exam begins, you dont have to read the whole text to find, the meaning or the word! 

3. Take Care Of Yourself
Remember, taking care of your-self iss critical.It is very important to be in good mental and physical condition for the exam. The last thing you want to do is to sabotage your efforts by ignoring your well-being. Do study breaks for at least 5-10 minutes After you finish studying, take some time to relax. Don't stay up too late if you can help it and try to get a good night's sleep  (At least 8 hours of sleep, is recommended.) Eating well; remember to have breakfast, you may think you may not have time. But eating is crucial. Your brain will perform less well if you haven't eaten. Before the exam to build your energy.Keep a positive attitude about the exam. 

4. Past Test Papers 

Past papers are good for self assessing so you can see what topics you are weaker on than others. They are also useful because exams are a lot more than just knowing the content of the course, you need to have exam skills, know what the mark scheme is like for your subjects, and the layout of the exam. This way when you read a question you can have a pretty good idea what kind of things they are looking for you to say in your answers and how it's likely to be put in the mark scheme so you can get maximum marks! 


5.  Distractions!

I know how hard this is, and I think this is the hardest: But turn off  your Laptop, Facebook, Twitter,TV everything that is a distractions and focus on your study!

Hope this helped you in some ways & good luck to you all!
Anyone else doing exams in a few weeks? 
Have you got other tips?
(PS: These pictures arent mine.)


25 comments:

  1. Great tips. I always try to convince my teenagers not to freak out about their exams. Just to treat it like any other day and get plenty of sleep beforehand! Easier said than done of course. I'll pass on your post to my daughter who is in her last year of school. Maybe she'll be a bit more relaxed when exams come around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Glad I helped, love to help others :)

      Delete
  2. hmmm... we have different ways to study.. but in my case, i have to make a reviewer by rewriting all the neccesary details.. kinda tedious but it really works for me. hehe. yeah.. laptop's really a sucker. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I forgot to mention that that what I do too! Exactly, its so distracting!

      Delete
  3. For me, I review lessons every day even when we don't have exams to make sure that I understand them and keep them as stock knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what my teacher advises me to do. But I get so distracted and half of the time I don't have time!

      Delete
  4. For me, I like to rewrite my notes so I can have a recall of what I studied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to that too, its a good way to remember and memorise it!

      Delete
    2. Going over past exams also really helps.

      Delete
  5. For me, sleep will be the most important. If I can't get enough sleep, I could never do well in my exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally agree, your brain needs rest!

      Delete
  6. No longer a student but I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see & these don t belong to me as stated but same I love them :)

      Delete
  7. I never took down notes, don't get much sleep and have a lot of distractions but I did ok :)) I guess whatever works, works. There are different types of learning and each individual has their own but regardless, this list works :)) thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, everyone has their own routine :)

      Delete
  8. Stay healthy is very important to fight the exam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good tips though! back when i was still in school i used to make some codes that i can recall, then make the summarize list of the whole thing, but before that i need to finish all my chores(basketball or work out, etc) before i jump in so there wont be any distractions when i start,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Same, so I have everything out of the way! Yeah so do I, am good at remembering things

      Delete
  10. great and helpful post! thanks for sharing!


    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria from
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been pretty lazy to learn nowadays and these tips came in really handy! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I do it last minute. Thanks so much means a lot! :)

      Delete
  12. Some fabulous tips here. Highlighters and regular snacks were a lifesaver for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It always means a lot when you comment, makes my day! Remember to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)