Monday, 14 April 2014

5 Top Tips; When Painting Nails!

Hello Everyone! How are you doing?  Some of you know unless your new, that I delayed this post because I decided top dedicate that post to the 10,000 views I had. And here is the post that I said I would put up 

 In this post. I have given my blog a bit of a shake up, as you can probably tell from the title. I painted my nails and toe nails and thought I'd do a little tutorial and do some tips alongside it :)

Lets Get Started:
1. Do everything you need to do before starting to paint your nails. For example going to the toilets As when you paint your nails/toe nails it needs to dry and if you touch or do something it may smudge and you'll have to repaint the specific area. 

Nail Vanish
2. If your painting your toe nails, my best tip would to put cotton or if you don't have any cotton tissue between each toe nail, so it separates them so that they don't get onto the other nails. 
Tissue Between Toe Nails
3. Only up to 3 layers, You will be tempted to put on a thick coat of nail polish to speed up the process. Don't do it! The thicker your coats, the longer they will take to dry. A thick coat of polish can take up to 20 minutes to dry, while a super thin coat can dry within 5-10. It will also be quite bulky if you do a thick one, not a nice look.
Drying 
4. So after you've applied it you will want to dry, I have the perfect tricks; 
Dip your hands into a bowl of cold water. The cold helps solidify the polish.

 Or put your hands near a window. 

If you want it to dry faster use thin layers instead or  thick ones


Try and see if its dried
5. Then you want to check if its dry; instead of touching it which could lead to you smudging it. I have a better technique, Touch your polished nails together if they stick to each other at all, they are not dry yet. If they don't your all done :)
Finished!

Hope You Enjoyed It!
Tell Me What You Think?
What are you doing this week?

23 comments:

  1. How cool! I defiantly needed the drying tips a it just seem to go wrong at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome, that happens to me but after these techniques hasn't happened ;)

      Delete
  2. So it would be better to have several thin strokes than a thick one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blog Award!
    Check it out here: http://realnotideal.blogspot.ca/2014/04/very-inspiring-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips in there! I always get so impatient when my nails need to dry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you these tips.. I tried it on my daughter and it works no more nail spa's for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.ann-d-explorer.com15 April 2014 at 06:02

    I can never do this! I just don't have the skill hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens to everyone believe me..haha..practice makes perfect :)

      Delete
  7. I always have to go to the salon to paint my nails - thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankls for the tips! That LONDON GIRL shade looks great on you! :)

    Cathy // helllo, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such good tips! Haha I always end up having to do something right after I paint my nails which is super frustrating because it usually ends in disaster!
    The drying tip is really great too! I usually just touch my nail polish to see if it is dry and if it isn't I get those pesky finger prints!
    Great post!! (:

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so happy to get a great response. And exactly that happens to me and it can be quiet tempting to check your phone. Thanks again x

      Delete
  10. For the life of me, I haven't tried painting my own nails because it seems so hard. Now you make it look so easy. Got to try these tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isit? Well now you can with these tips, you cant go wrong eh? :)

      Delete
  11. on painting nails, I always have trouble on applying it on my right hand since I am a right-handed person. The left finish looks so clean but the other is a disaster! any tip about it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happened to me when I was younger but the other way round am right handed so I found it harder to paint my left hand but its easy now practice makes perfect!

      Here's one idea: Put your left hand on something to hold it steady and just move your right hand and your left hand a little to do it. Move your right hand up and down to paint.

      Delete
  12. even though I am a guy, I agree that the layers should be really thin.. I find it extremely unattractive if it's too thick.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It always means a lot when you comment, makes my day! Remember to leave your blog link so I can check it out :)